Its been a busy couple of weeks here at Chelmarsh, everything in the garden and greenhouse has decided to grow like mad!! We only have a small veggie plot but its certainly packed to the gills with lots of lovely stuff to eat.
We have peas dwarf beans, carrots, spring onions, raddish, cabbage, cauli, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, onions and strawberries in this plot.3 large courgette plants in pots and a trough of baby spinach. They are on the staging from the greenhouse because if I put them on the slabs the rabbits would have a party and munch them all!!
Willow's big pot of Strawberries.
These are the nastertiums and dwarf beans still to go into the garden and a few odds and ends .
These are the seedlings still on the greenhouse bench, peppers, basil, cucumber, courgettes and some flowers.
Here are the tomato plants the largest ones are Shirley, we have also growing Gardeners Delight, Harbinger and a couple of freebie plants from my friend at work who bought the seeds in Madeira, so dont know what they will be like. I have a trough of lettue leaves more peppers and behind the tomatoes are the cucumbers waiting to be homed on the bench.
The larger Shirley tomatoes have just started getting flowers on. My next job is to pop to the garden centre across the road and get some new canes for them. I need 15 so I hope they aren't too expensive.
Now I just have to be patient and wait until they are ripe and ready to pick. There is nothing more satisfying then walking down the garden and picking something to eat. If there is any surplus it gets squirrelled away in the freezer in some shape or form.
Thank you for looking and I hope everything is growing nicely in your gardens.
Karen xxx
Wow your veg looks ace, my spring onions, dwarf beans, runner beans and beetroot are all still hiding!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a veggie plot half as "small" as yours!
ReplyDeleteI grow most of my veg in containers but everything is coming along nicely. Beans, Carrots, Courgettes, lettuce, Onions, Potatoes, Peppers and Cucumber. I'm quite pleased at how well they're all doing.
Karen, I have only just spotted this blog via a link on your craft one. Have been reading back and I'm going to have to make those pasties :)
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to reading more
Justine x