Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Belt tightening!!

Today I decided to put this poster in my side bar to remind me that this year is a year of saving and not spending.  After much discussion Philip and I decided to book a 2012 winter holiday, 2 weeks in sunny Cyprus.  We haven't been for a couple of years and have been longing to go back.  So the frugal belt has been tightened another couple of notches in order to save the necessary cash, we have until the beginning of September to achieve this.  We do have enough in the savings pot to cover the cost but that will be classed as cheating.

The "Sealed Pot Challenge" is coming along nicely and for every day I have a no spend day I am putting 20p in aswell as all the £2 coins we both get through the year.  Last year we had over £200 which came in very handy.

At the moment I am really focused and determined to succeed.

Thank you for looking

Karen xxx

4 comments:

  1. Whereabouts in Cyprus are you going? We both love Cyprus and you are making me think that is where we should return this year. Trouble is I wanted to try Malta also - decisions, decisions......

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea, good luck Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck (I got a Teramundi (sp?) for christmas which Iam hoping to get some good savings made xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your very motivated Karen. And what a great goal: Cyprus.

    The best of luck with your sealed pot.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx