Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Cleaning Duties

This week I decided I should take a leaf out of Frugal Queens book and have a jolly good clean of the kitchen appliances that are most used and work much better when not manky and smelling a bit off.
First I started with the hoover, hubby stripped it down and washed all the filters and gave it a good brushing down to get rid of the dust and I washed the cylinder and all the bits.  Today it all went back together and is now sparkling clean and ready to suck up the carpets as well as all the dust.

 Next came the washer drawer, this is done on a regular basis because it gets spots of black mould in all the compartments and just looks grotty, the inside of the drawer cavity had a good wash too.  The drawer is all sparkly and you can pull it out much easier too. I also gave the rest of the washing machine a good soapy wash and polished with a micro cloth.
 The Microwave was next, the sides the bottom and the plate are easy to clean but the roof has an element in  so thats a bit more difficult, but again its sparkling clean.
 Thought I better introduce you to Sidney and Pearl my horrible Salt and Pepper pots, my Mum bought these for a laugh and they are so gopping they are almost cute!! By the shape of their legs they must have had rickets when younger and Pearl looks like an OAP womens libber with those droopy boobs.  Both are quite happy to sit on the top of the microwave where its nice and warm.   Hands up if you had one of those Space Hoppers, my sister and brother had them but I was a bit too old.....enough said....
 The last job for today was the fridge, this took ages because everything was taken to bits and given a good scrub, it looks much better and also brighter with the new bulb in place, which was a spare one from Mums.
 These Sweet Peas are from my Mums garden and they represent the sweet smell of success.  All those jobs done for the cost of a couple of bowls of lovely hot soapy water and a bit of elbow grease.
I shall be continuing with the cleaning frenzy later in the week while my hubby makes a start on some outside jobs.

Thank you for looking

Karen xxx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Karen do you fancy popping round to mine and doing some for me?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've been a busy bee!!! I'm with Anne you can pop to me after her :-) xx (ooh you dont fancy doing a post on what sort of things you cook when you are away in your caravan - needing a bit of inspiration) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, that reminds me, haven't cleaned our microwave thoroughly for a while although it always gets a wipe down after use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! You put me to shame, taking the dyson apart is on my to do list as is the fridge, maybe next week. I did have a good old clear out of 2 of my kitchen cupboards last week and felt so much better after they were done ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, Thought you would like to know that your Sidney and Pearl Salt and Pepper pots, are actually Ringtons Tea collectables Rosy Lee and Earl Gray.
    John.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx