Thursday, 13 March 2014

Exciting!!


Its been an exciting couple of days, I have a lovely new car!  When I say new, its new to me, its actually 3 years old and an ex mobility car but its only done 1024 miles from brand new!! Its immaculate, it still had the shrink wrap on the number plates!! The previous lady owner obviously didn't use it, maybe she prefered to use her bus pass.

 Last March we traded in my 9 year old Micra for a 3 year old Fiesta and for some strange reason I never managed to bond with it and never really felt at ease driving it. I really missed my little micra :-( so  hubby called in to have a word with the guy we get my cars from to see if he would look out for me one, a blue one with low mileage and this is the one he got for me, even the number plate starts with K. I love everything about it and feel it was meant to be mine.

Even though we have spent a good few quid on changing I know we will save money in the long run, the road tax is only £30 for the year against £175,  also the petrol consumption is much better, another 15 miles per gallon..that doesnt sound much but it soon mounts up. We have had a lovely ride out to York today and it performed impeccably and to me it felt like I had my car back!

  I am a very happy girl and very lucky. I do love my wonderful hubby xxx

It was a very cold and frosty start to the day but then out came the sun and it was glorious, its dropped cold again tonight so we are snuggled down to watch some rubbish tv with a nice cuppa.

I hope you are lucky enough to be enjoying good weather where you live and thank you for popping by. Take care
Karen xxx

12 comments:

  1. Love the color! Congratulations and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lucky you, you deserve it. Really smart looking

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a preference for blue cars too, have had three now including my current one (although that is slightly darker than yours) Lovely car. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very shiny! hope it doesn't rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colour, what have you called her? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely colour blue.. enjoy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, definitely designated for you! Strange how things work out isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. I hope you enjoyed your jaunt out in York. I'm driving round in a fourteen year old car, but I don't do many miles, I only use it for driving round about as I absolutely detest driving and if I go out with Mick, he always drives. I have it really for convenience, but as soon as Eleanor finishes school, it can go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant! Hope you enjoy your driving. When I retired and had to buy a car - having had a lease-car for health visiting, I tried a fiesta and never ever got on with it. I now have a little Ford Ka which zips me about all over the place beautifully - just having it's 4year MOT as I type! I think we will hang on to it.Lx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou all for your lovely comments about my new car. I am absolutely enjoying driving round in it, which is a good job as it has to last me a very long time! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello. I am on my third ex Motobility car, the last two were Ford's,now I have a Vauxhall. All good buys. Just a note, because they are low mileage some parts tend to rust underneath if not used much. On two cars I have had front springs go, and boy do they go with a bang, sometimes when stationary. Brakes also need checking for rust regularly. I have had to have new pads and discs on all my cars. Saying that, they are still a good buy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks lovely, I know what you mean about not bonding with a car.

    I loved my blue 3 door Corsa (now owned by my son) and yet when I bought my Dad's silver Corsa off him when he got a new version it just never felt like mine and wasn't 'me' in the slightest. Now I drive a Fiat 500, also £30 tax a year and I love it again.

    Yours looks fantastic and it's a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx