I thought I would show you the latest quilt made by our Thimbles group for the local village church, isn't it colourful. Everyone usually does a bit and then our expert Liz puts it all together and puts on the backing. We make several different quilts through the year for the various village groups for them to raffle off to make money for their funds.
This is just a small part of the table we all sit round, the big tin is our biscutes...chocolate ones :-). Its lovely when we all get together to stitch and chatter and we are always sharing ideas and swapping fabrics and wool. Its only 2 hours on a Friday and it goes so quickly, sometimes we do loads and others nothing...lol. Today I took my crocheted blanket to do but didn't get very far, there was too much talk about the holidays...past ones and up and coming ones. We are having a trip to Harrogate next month to the Quilting Show, it should be a fun filled day with lots of lovely fabrics purchased and lots of laughs over coffee and cakes, the tickets arrived this week and I can't wait, Ive never been to one before. Patchwork is a new hobby for me, I think I will be needing a clearout in my craft room to make space for all the new projects I'm wanting to do!
Does anyone else have a new hobby they are excited about?
Enjoy your evening
Karen xxx


That quilt is really lovely Karen, I have never worked out how you get the black borders. I am still crocheting, but have recently tried a new pattern which is working out really well. I made a hand-stitched hexi patchwork quilt for Mum a couple of years ago which took nearly a year to complete but was so worth the effort. My current boss has just asked me to make her friend's daughter a Peppa Pig jumper, so will be starting that fairly soon too - oops, starting to have too many projects on the go at the same time!! (still scheming to get a small sewing machine aboard for next season)
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is really lovely.
ReplyDeleteWonderful quilt
ReplyDeleteThat quilt is stunning
ReplyDeleteGreat quilt.
ReplyDeleteI'm not so much doing new stuff, more revisiting crafts I used to enjoy many years ago, before I became a smallholder who also worked full time. I've even began re-dabbling with my paints.
It's nice you have a lovely group to share stuff with, especially chocolate ;)
ReplyDeleteFantastic quilt, wonder if I'll get round to one of those, one of these days:)
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is wonderful!!! When I first saw the picture out of the corner of my eye on my blogreader I though that it was a stained glass window being held up, it was only when I looked closer and read the post that I realised that it is a quilt!! I hope that you raise lots of money from the sale/raffle of it! xx
ReplyDelete