Sunday, 13 July 2014

Busy Weekend


Yesterday we had this event at our Study Centre, it was to celebrate our first year of being community run after the council wanted to close it down.  Its been a really great year, the hardcore of volunteers have worked tremendously hard keeping this going, fundraising and begging for financial support are priorities.  I am only a tiny part of it, my badge says Catering Volunteer, it makes me smile, when all I do is the refreshments for coffee mornings and any other events which might arise, my baking does seem to get plenty of nice comments!.  We do have a laugh and I have made new friends since being involved.  My daughter in law is on the board of directors and organises 4 of the main events, this being one of them, its really hard work especially when she works almost full time and has a family, she is so passionate about the environment and local issues she needs to 'do her bit ' and I like to give her my support. We had nearly 400 people through the gate yesterday and the atmosphere was fantastic. The weather was a great help, we sold out of juice and ice cream about 30 minutes from the end and the little beer tent (gazebo) almost ran dry!  The refreshments are usually down to me and my friend who likes to help but we got so busy I had to rope my hubby in to wash up! He did a fab job, I'm thinking of taking him with me to all the events and buying him some Marigolds lol.  I was absolutely shattered when I got home at 6pm and starving hungry, I hadnt had anything to eat all day!  Hubby made us a nice salad and a cup of tea, it wasn't long before I was falling asleep on the sofa!

Today started quite wet, I woke up just after 1am with the rain rattling down on the conservatory roof, which is just the other side of our bedroom wall, I couldn't shut the window beacause it was so hot and sticky we needed all the fresh air we could get.  It wasn't long before the sun was shinng and it turned out to be a nice day.  Lots of washing and ironing done and general housework done, hubby had gone to his voluntary job so I was home alone and able to get on.  No dinner tonight so I will cook tomorrow, hubby had a free Sunday Lunch as payment and I had a salad at home.  Nothing on tv tonight except the footie so it might be another early night with the Kindle and a cup of tea.

I am planning on gardening and cooking tomorrow, 2 jobs I enjoy :-)

How has your weekend been, did you relax or did you have chores to do? 

Back tomorrow
Love Karen xxx


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lot of hard work, but well worth it and very worthwhile too. Hope that you enjoy your cooking today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a brilliant day was had by all , it's nice when everyone pulls together and keeps this sort of thing going. :-)

    I'm so lucky my Lovely Hubby does not like football at all, he's a rugby man so I just have to keep myself amused during the Six Nations but apart from that it's normal television in our house ... except when they mess up the schedules due to the footy, then it's Dvds and pre-recorded things for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He he, chores here........boo hiss. I'm coming to yours, much more fun. Let me know when the apple day is on, I may just pop up x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had chores lol, I'm coming to yours it's much more fun. Let me know when the apple day is on x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx