Saturday, 19 July 2014

Come on Down!

Its absolutely hootling it down at the moment and very black, you can almost hear the garden drinking up all that lovely cooling rain water, I must admit after the last couple of hot and sticky days I feel like throwing caution to the wind and standing in the middle of the garden and  soaking it up myself!!


Oops, its just stopped and there is a spooky silence.........and a rumble of THUNDER!!

Just what we need, unfortunately there are many summery events happening around here today, including the Vulcan Bomber which is due to take off any minute.  Lets hope it doesn't dampen peoples spirits and they are able to take shelter under tents or gazebos.

Its lovely and cool and with nothing planned its time for a cuppa and a bit of hand sewing.  I nipped into the garden earlier to pick fresh salad and green beans for tea which we will have with some homemade meatloaf and potato salad.

Have you had some cooling rain today or is it still hot and sticky?

Have a great weekend
Karen xxx

Its raining hard again :-) xx

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Froogs! You are getting to be a right caravaner already!

      Delete
  2. Hot and sticky here. Had a storm last night which watered the garden but has also made it sticky again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol at Froogs eyeing up your caravan! It's been raining on and off here, well pouring down rather than just raining. I'm hoping tomorrow will be fine as I'm determined to get to Woodhall Spa even if it's for a couple of hours.

    Your garden is so lovely and well cared for do you fancy swapping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have just came back from a walk, it was a blue sky, then it went black and a massive down pour and thunderstorm, we were dripping wet, never mind it was fun we went in a field and stood under the trees with sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am waiting for it to rain so that I can go outside and stand in it until I am soaking wet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its been raining here most of the day too but I dont think we live far from each other do we? I am glad the gardens have had a thorough watering, saves me having to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big storms last night but still quite sticky here in Dorset. That sky looks a bit dark!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Storms here in Buckinghamshire the past two nights. Absolutely awful here today, muggy and sticky. Just clouding over and I am hoping it will rain as it don't like this stickiness! I can cope with the heat on holiday by a pool and a bar but not at a home or in the office. Your garden looks very neat. Much love. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nope, just hot and sticky here in west Norfolk - waiting for that storm still! Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. We travelled home from Cornwall in a thunder storm and it was still thundering here last night. It's been beautiful today though, apart from a short shower this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We had the storm yesterday afternoon (same as you) but then more rain last night/early this morning. Could have done without it as everyone on site was disturbed by noise of heavy rain on caravan/motorhome roofs. First really hot day we have experienced here in Scarborough this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx