Thursday, 17 July 2014

Too darn hot!


Flippin eck! Its been hot today.  According to tonights weather forecast its going to be even hotter tomorrow, I don't mind the heat its the humidity I dont like.  No housework has been done today, we did pop out to pick up our daughter in law from the garage and called at Morrisons for a few bits (£20:65) we didn't need a big shop this week and thats been it!   

I thought it would be better to stay indoors in the cool this afternoon and I had to sort something out to take to Thimbles tomorrow.  I have had a bag half made for a couple of weeks, its been driving me crazy, the wadding was too thick really,  but I have persevered and there is only the hand stitching left to do.  I will show you it when finished. I can show you one I made and never photographed, its my favourite at the moment :-) its just the right size and the handles are long enough to put onto my shoulder.


Tonights job was to water the garden and greenhouse, we have picked lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and loads of french beans, there are a couple of courgettes nearly ready for picking so its been salad for tea with a rare treat of fillet steak ...yummy!  It will be a veggie meal tomorrow to spread the cost of the steak, its nice to have joined up meat now and again lol.

I think I will go and put the big fan in the bedroom for tonight, I cant sleep if its hot and sticky and if I dont sleep I might just be mardy tomorrow :-)

Hope you manage to keep cool in this heat wave.
Love Karen xxx


Thank you for your comments yesterday, my decision is made.....extraction!!



4 comments:

  1. I prefer hot to cold any day,especially when I don't have to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer cool myself.
    Seeing the word "Mardy" made me laugh. I thought it was a midlands term, but maybe not!
    I'd go for extraction too under your circumstances
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a big thunderstorm last night so although it's still hot today it's a little fresher.
    At least if the tooth is extracted it won't bother you again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bag, Karen. Yes, it is SOOOOO hot! Yesterday was our grandson's graduation ceremony which was conducted in 31 degrees of sunshiney heat! The car drive home was not the best experience! Today is just close and humid - yes we need a STORM!!! Lxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx