Thursday, 10 July 2014

What, no milk!!

Busy day today, trying to get all jobs done in one journey.  First job to call at the Drs for hubby's tablets ( free as he is over 60) then to drop 4 huge bags off at the local Autism Charity shop, they were really pleased as the stock was getting a bit low and they had advertised in the local free paper.  Next stop was Mum and Dads, I like to go at least once a week to check that they are ok, they try and fob me off on the phone so I need to actually see them both and do any jobs they find hard to do themselves.  On the way home it was the Lidl shop, it was packed and we had to park round the back at the side of the overflow car park....not a good sign!  We did manage to get everything we needed except for MILK!  The delivery must have been late, so that would mean calling at Morrisons on the way home..ugh!



This is what we bought for us..plus..


We have a fund raiser on Saturday at our study centre and I'm on refreshments so need to make a contribution to the baking.  £8.86 spent on ingredients.


Morrisons for milk, the teabags were on offer as were the nice burgers, they will be lovely with salad and new potatoes for a change.  £11.68 spent.  2 of the milks are longer life ones and will last a couple of weeks in the fridge, this will save us going local for some more.


Total spends £64:50. That includes 2 nice fillet steaks at £8:99, a rare treat!   This will keep us going for  a while, 2 weeks I hope! The fresh veggies will be delivered tomorrow at very low cost ;-) and lots of meat and storecupboard stuff already in stock. Purse now closed and pad locked!!

Mum always has to give us something, so we swapped for some lettuce from the garden, I came of best.


They have been added to the caravan stores for the holidays :-)

Next job is to get on with this baking, but first a nice cup of coffee is called for.

Anyone else been shopping today?

Take care
Karen xxx




4 comments:

  1. Half way through cooking and I forgot the baked beans (I stick them in most things that way the kids will eat what I'm cooking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good haul! I went to Tesco's who unfortunately have in lots of lovely vegan goodies :( bad for purse and figure x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are going to take piccies of what you are baking Karen. I havent baked for a while as I am still trying to maintain my WW weight.I do like to look and see what others are making though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx