Wednesday, 25 September 2013

Going, Going, Gone!!

For the past 6 years we have been thinking about having this tree removed from our front garden, its such a beautiful tree and we have watched it grow over the years  21 to be exact.  Its grown far too tall and bushy for the small space it occupies and it was time for action!! We contacted a Landscape Gardener who told us it was too big a job for him and needed specialist Tree Surgeon who had the right tools for the job.  I knew it wasn't a job that we could do ourselves, it would have taken us ages and probably not done our health any good at all, so a couple of weeks ago we contacted a chap we had recommended to us to come and have a look and give us a price.  I had asked around to get an idea of the cost before he came and we were prepared to pay £200 also we would keep the useable wood for our friends wood burner.  The chap came and quoted £420!! my hubby was a bit gobsmacked to say the least, the chap asked him how much he thought it would be and when he said around £200 he turned on his heels and got back into his truck muttering.......how rude!   The following week he rang back and said he had driven past had another look and could do it for £220.... but my hubby had already decided he wasn't worthy of the job because of his rudeness.   Then last Friday the chap in question knocked on the door and said he would do it for £180! he must have been desperate... I confronted him about his original quote and his rudeness to my hubby, he must have felt like a naughty schoolboy being told off lol... but I needed to say something!  After he had apologised profusely I agreed to have it done, after all it was below the price I wanted to pay.

 My beautiful graceful tree.

GOING!!!


 GOING!!
GONE!!


 Just 3 large bags of Pine Needles to get rid of now


I have kept 2 chunks of the trunk to put in the back garden for the bugs, hubby is going to drill some bug holes in them for me.  I think I needed a memento :-)

So no more do I look out of my window and see my lovely tree :-(

Nor will I ever see this sight again in the winter

How pretty is that!

At least now that the job is done we can get on and re-do the garden, remove the stump to below ground level and plant something else in its place.... we are fancying a Rowan that we can prune and keep under control.

Take Care

3 comments:

  1. Such a shame, but on the plus side look at that great big patch of ground you now have. Plenty of room for a Rowan and a nice flower bed all around it.

    Every house should have a Rowan, their supposed to keep bad witches away.... lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it looks lovely when all snow covered but I cn also see how nice it will be without it!! makes you wonder how low the guy would have gone if you had kept saying no! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you Karen for saying what you think. It might make him think in future.

    Great bargain.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx