Friday, 13 September 2013

Porky Burgers

I seem to have an abundance of Pork in the freezer at the moment, by the end of the month we will be porked out!! First on the menu to use up some mince are Porky Burgers.

I added the 400g of pork mince to a bowl and chopped a small onion finely I added that along with a good sprinkle of my dried sage some black pepper and salt. Using my clean hands I squelched it all together.

It felt a bit sloppy so I quickly added some frozen breadcrumbs and squelched it together again.

I divided the mixture into 6 good portions and flattened them into burger shapes, you could make them into tiny balls to add to pasta and sauce.

I browned them off in a little oil and then put them onto a baking sheet into the oven to finish cooking. I already had a tray in the oven with a few onion rings and oven chips cooking.


We had them with a dolop of homemade Tomato Pickle and a dolop of Coleslaw..yum.  Quick and easy and some left for lunch tomorrow.  The meat was £1.99, maybe I could have bought 6 burgers for less but at least I know whats in mine and they were very meaty.  You can keep your burgers Maccy D!!  I only ever had one once and it was awful, probably would have been better eating the carton lol

No carbs for me tomorrow!!

Take Care and Thank you for reading

Love

15 comments:

  1. They look good Karen, I have some pork mince in the freezer and bread crumbs,fresh sage in the garden. looks like a "free" meal for next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were good Pam but they need plenty of seasoning, pork can be a bit bland.

      Delete
  2. They look great! There is something to be said for knowing what is in your food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can make it myself then I will although I'm not against a vastly reduced supermarket item :-)

      Delete
  3. I never buy bought burgers - ever! Can't beat a bit of home made as you can add the flavours you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some Aberdeen Angus ones from the Co op and they were so peppery we couldn't eat them, it was a shame because they were made from lovely lean meat.

      Delete
    2. If you get the Aberdeen Angus ones again (if they are on offer) try turning each burger into 5 or 6 little meatballs (you can process them all at once and freeze the little balls) this makes them go further and as they are smaller they do not seem as intense. I add some to LH's pasta dishes when we are having a tomato based sauce.

      Delete
  4. I can honestly say I have never ever eaten a MacD burger! Only been in one once because one of the children needed the loo and we couldn't find one anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My kids thought I was a bad mummy because I wouldn't take them to Mc D's, they did think it fun to make their own though!

      Delete
  5. Those burgers look lovely. Mr Sft makes his own too. He uses stuffing for the onion and sage flavour.

    And at least we know what's in them.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about using stuffing mix too, have you made burgers using mashed beans and the stuffing mix? I saw this in a frugal recipe book, will have to look it out.

      Delete
  6. We seem to eat lots of pork too, I guess because it is generally much cheaper. Your burgers look lovely, I don't seem to make burgers but use pork mince for meatballs. Will definitely give these a try and maybe experiment more, as we all know you can vary the flavour to suit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think hubby will be ready for a steak by the end of the month!!

      Delete
  7. I think pork mince is great for burgers, it's very nice as Bolognese too :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use it for bolognaise too, we call it Porky Pasta, my grandaughter loves it.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx