Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Day out

Last week we promised Mum and Dad we would take them for a little trip out to the garden centre in Brigg, its probably 40minutes drive. I really needed to buy something cheap for the side of the garage, it had to be something that came every year so I would only buy once.  I found some Primroses which were nice and healthy looking and 4 in a posh tray with a handle was £2.99 then about 3 yards further down the path I spotted some more just in plain plant pots at the bargain price of 30p each.  A quick look through them and I managed 10 with lots of lovely new buds, so for £3 I have enough plants to mix in with some transplanted muscari and forget me nots to give some lovely spring colour, not just for this year but for the next couple of years, hopefully by then they will be big enough to split and plant on further up the garden.

They have a lovely restaurant and Dad treated us all to lunch and coffee. Thank you Dad.  Mum, and Dad made a few more garden purchases and I bought some Dwarf Bean seeds. We then had a nice drive home calling in at the library to change our books.  Please please use your libraries before we lose them with the council cut backs.

No cooking for me tonight :-) we just had a sandwich of wholemeal bread and some chicken,bacon and sweetcorn sandwich filler bought from Sainsbury's for the reduced price of 40p, it was really tasty too.

Hope you all enjoy your evening xx

4 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you had a lovely day - you will have to post a photo of the primroses in place.
    Agree totally about the libraries. Baby Ella is already a member of her local library and they are fortunate that their library is one of the ones being kept by Suffolk County Council- many others are not so fortunate
    Viv
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looked at your post of April 1st - don't know why I missed it. We also have tickets for Shrewsbury Folk Festival so at long last we can meet. Are you going with anyone else?
    We have quite a lot of friends going so will be camping with some of them.
    Did you go to the last Albert Hall gig Show of hand did? Where do you usually see them?
    Sorry for all the questions..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Viv, I would love to meet you at the festival we willbe there with a couple of friends too, we are also going to the one at Southwell Nottingham at the beginning of June. We didn't go to the last Albert Hall gig, we had tix but sold them to some friends, we went to the other one though, we had fantastic seats at the front. We see Phil and Steve wherever we can, the best place is across the road in our village hall. Phil does house concerts too at our friends house down the road, what a lovely man! Bob Fox did a house concert last Saturday, Philip went but I wasn't well so I missed it and it was a good night. We are going to see Chris & Kellie While next month locally, I have known Chrissy for years and never tire of listening to her. We can't wait to go to Shrewsbury again, its a fab line up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great day! We're just headed into the planting season here in Kentucky, so I recently bought three little posts of phlox that looked dead and were drastically reduced. Wish me luck in reviving them! If they stay dead, the purchase won't have been very frugal at all, eh! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx