Monday, 4 April 2011

What a cook up!!

Following on from my shopping post below I decided to have a big cook up with the meat I had bought and get some basic dishes stashed away in the freezer, it also makes good use of the cooker. I made 2 pots of beef casserole, 2 pots of beef goulash, 3pots of chilli and 3 pots of bolognaise, each pot is 2 portions. I will just have to reheat them and cook either rice, pasta or potaotes and veggies, makes things so much easier. First we have the bolognaise ingredients
Brown the meat and onions, add the tomatoes, tomato puree, herbs,mushrooms,garlic,frozen peppers and stock and simmer until cooked
Whoops posted the same photo twice...sorry
Then we have the chilli ingredients, the same method as the bolognaise.



Next we have the beef casserole.
Again brown the meat and the onions add 1 tablespoon plain flour and stir in to cook. Add chopped carrots mushrooms stock and salt and pepper cook for 2 hours at 180*c

A lovely rich and thick casserole, enough for 4 portions with either dumplings or potatoes and some vegetables.
Last but not least we have the Beef Goulash, this is one of my favourites, slightly peppery and rich tomatoey flavour.
Brown the meat and onions and the garlic, add 1 tablespoon of Paprika and 1 tablespoon of plain flour stir, then add the chopped tomatoes fill the tin with water and add as stock, add about 175g frozen peppers, give it all a good stir and cook in the oven for 2 hours.


Its delicious and rich and will serve 4 people, so thats another 2 pots of 2 portions for me.


I think its been easier to do the cooking than its been to do the post, sorry I got a bit mixed up and posted the same piccie twice. I also did some baking while the oven was on but I will blog that lot tomorrow. Everything is cold now and heading off to the freezer.


Enjoy your evening x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT! I love filling the oven to bursting point with casserole dishes and cooking everything in one oven at one. Tonight , I just reheated in my mini oven and cooked the veg in the microwave, no mess and nice and quick after a long day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx