Friday, 1 April 2011

Shrewsbury Folk Festival

We actually bit the bullet last night and after much deliberation bought the tickets for the Shrewsbury Folk Festival.
This year its such a fabulous line up of top quality acts, many of them our absolute favourites.

Here we have the lovely Phil Beer, fantastic musician, lovely voice and a genuinely nice bloke. Along side Phil is the excellent singer and songwriter Steve Knightley, both are from the west country and are well known as Show of Hands. We have been going to their gigs for years and never tire of seeing them.
Next we have Irish singer Cara Dillon, I have been listening to Cara for a couple of years and have seen her on television but never live in concert, so I'm really excited about seeing her, she has a stunning voice.
We also have Chris Wood. 2011 Folk singer of the year, well deserved too. Singer songwriter with a rich voice and lovely guitar style sings really thought provoking songs, so looking forward to seeing him again.


It really is an action packed weekend from about 10am to midnight its non stop entertainment. I know we will have a fabulous time and be in the good company of our lovely friends. Bring it on!!


Thank you for looking xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just stumbled upon your blog via frugal queen and thought how interestingly you write. I am the ripe old age of sixty and have been married 40 years. We have 2 daughters, 2 son in laws and 6 beautiful grandchildren. We also have a touring caravan and love to visit new places in England (new to us, that is!) I love to cook, too, and as frugally as possible. Nice to chat with you and will read your blogs as you write them. Kind regards, lyndie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx