Sunday, 24 April 2011

Renovating and Relaxing.

The water barrels in the garden were starting to look a bit grotty, they were bright blue when we aquired them free about 15 years ago, and they got painted green but over the years they have faded. Plus the watering cans needed a spruce up, we had seen these in the garden centre at £52 each!!! so it was worth the £3.99 for a tin of green paint from Aldi. Hubby gave them a quick brush over with a wire brush to remove the flaky bits and gave them a good lick of the new bright green paint.

 All shiny and good as new and saved us a small fortune.
I didn't realise hubby had taken this photo of me relaxing until I uploaded the piccies from today. It was a well earned rest after I had cooked a roast lunch for 7 of us. We have enough dinner leftover for the next 2 days so nice and easy for me.  Hope you have all enjoyed the Easter sunshine.

Karen xx

1 comment:

  1. Ah ha. sometimes the pics that are taken when we are unaware are the best, you look very relaxed and content. Great idea about repainting x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx