Friday, 10 January 2014

Friday failure!



Friday failure....bad day healthy eating wise!  Coffee morning and a piece of carrot cake then Thimbles this afternoon and another piece of cake!  I knew it was going to be a busy day so I got up early this morning and put a beef stew in the slow cooker. To make it a bit healthier I added lots of veggies...onion, carrot, parsnip, celeriac, chestnut mushrooms and a couple of small new potatoes along with 400gm of extra lean stewing steak and some gravy granules. It was left to cook all day and the kitchen smelled delicious when I came home. Hubby asked for dumplings with his and I cooked the last bit of cauli for me.


As you can see I couldn't resist one little dumpling....only a little meat and lots of veg..
I really enjoyed my food today even though it was very naughty, back on track tomorrow and then being good for wednesday weigh in. Not too sure if my bathroom scales are accurate as I put some previously tight trousers on this morning and they were a bit loose! I will keep plodding on....

Thank you for popping by
Take care
Karen xxx

8 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up about your eating today. It's getting colder so you will use those calories up in keeping warm! Good reasoning eh?
    Who can resist a dumpling?!
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my slow cooker, it's my best friend x the road to weight loss is never a straight one, you'll get there! Meanwhile sometimes we've got to give our bodies what they are craving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember that muscle weighs more than fat so if you are exercising you will be replacing fat with lean tissue and getting smaller. the dumplings look delicious I would have had one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beef stew is one of my favourite dishes, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh DUMPLINGS!! I wouldn't have been able to resist either! Love them. Don't worry too much, just keep moving forward.Lx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tomorrow is another day Karen! You cant have stew and not have a dumpling though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a little tip - my mother always made lovely dumplings, but she never weighed the suet and taught me to just put a sprinkling of suet in with the flour. This was always way less than the traditional half the weight of the flour. I myself never use the traditional amount, I tend to only use about 1oz of suet to 8oz of flour and they always come out really nice. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is only one day, and the road to permanent weight loss is a very long one. I love a beef stew and cannot resist dumplings, so I tend to have less/no potatoes with mine - it's the same with pastry, if I make a pie then I will often have an extra portion of veg and no potato. I have just got some really lovely stewing beef from our local butcher so cannot wait to make a stew later in the week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx