Sunday, 26 January 2014

Sunday bargains

We were on our way to friends this afternoon and passed the mini asda near their house, We decided to call and pick up some milk, just as we got to the bakery section the man with the yellow sticker gun was starting to mark down. I just hung back a bit and as put the stickers on slid them towards me :-)


We have 5 apple doughnuts 10 p
2 sub rolls 10p
3packs of 4 rolls 10p
Seedy ciabata 10p
4 seedy bagels 10p
Warburtons Toastie 10p
2x2Danish pastries 20p
1box mini Doughnuts 10p
2x6mini danish pastries 20p
4large Croissants 20p
2x4 pints Milk £2
Box of asda After 8 style chocolates £1
Total spend £4:90 :-)

All safely tucked away in the freezer apart from 1box of mini danish which we had with a cuppa at our friends house and the mint chocolates we had after a delicious dinner.

It has been a really cold wet and miserable day today but spending time with our friends has cheered me up and made me feel better.  The gritters have been round tonight and the sky is clear and starry so it may be frosty tomorrow. Brrrr.......

Keep warm and stay safe
Karen xxx


5 comments:

  1. Really bad day today across the country it seems, even down here on the south coast. What a fantastic haul, so glad it is all tucked away in your freezer beyond temptation. If I am out and about on Sunday (I was today) I do pop into the supermarkets, but I think I am leaving it a bit too late, generally round about 3.30pm. A few weeks ago I scored a bargain in our local mini Tesco - chicken thighs, four for 88p a pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Buy there! What is the best time do you think for getting yellow sticker stuff? I Whenever I go to the supermarket there is none. You really seem top have the knack.
    And then to share with friends... waht could be better
    Keep Warm
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose its always a gamble regarding the yellow stickers, I just happened yo be lucky, it was about 3:15 sunday afternoon.If hubby had stayed in the car I would have spent more time and scoured the store to see if there were more bargains to be had! X

      Delete
  3. Aye, that winter weather they have been promising is on its way, methinks! What a great bargain you got there! I was the woman next to you spitting feathers ....... (only kidding!) Lx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx