Sorry for the rubbish photo!
Its been a while since I wrote down a menu plan for the month, the freezer and cupboards are full and I need to get using stuff up instead of adding to it every week. I aim to make all the above meals as low in fat and as healthy as I can, I should only have to buy fresh salad a few veggies (unless we get some freebies or use frozen ones) and fresh milk. We have plenty of sandwich type stuff in for lunches and I will be making soups, desserts..... No puddings! Just fruit or yogurts. We have plenty tinned fruit in store and some rice pudding if hubby gets desperate! Sunday lunch next week is a late Christmas treat from the Sealed Pot Challenge I did last year, there is 7 of us going, I will update on costs after we have been, if there is any cash left over it will go back into the pot.
Its a lovely day here and I have 2 loads of washing pegged out, I am hopeful it will dry and then get ironed tonight...thats the plan at the moment! Hubby is out washing my car, its filthy and he wants to use it tomorrow.
We both sat this morning and did our energy bill switch, its due to change tariff at the end of the month, we have managed to save £120 over the year and fixed the price with no get out penalty until July 2015, I am pleased with the outcome although things are not yet in place, it will take 4-6 weeks to complete. I think the next thing to tackle is the caravan insurance...due in February. You have to keep on top of these bills because the current providers wont find you the best deal!!
Has anyone else switched lately?
Thank you for popping by
Take care
Karen xxx

Yes, we switched in December. No immediate saving but got same price until 2017 with a no fee penalty if we wish to change.
ReplyDeleteAs we rent our property we are on a meter for gas and electric, unfortunately it's hard to get a good deal on these, but at least we can see how much we are using and turn off heating/ lights when we noticed we have used more than usual. It helps you to monitor your usage x
ReplyDeleteWe haven't been able to switch around for years as we have been in rented properties that required we keep the same providers.
ReplyDeleteHowever, later on this year we should, fingers crossed be building a type of open garage space and workshop next to the house and these will have a roof full of solar panels and then we hope to find a good 'feed in' rate and generate and sell our own electricity.
We have no gas, so apart from a tank full of oil to run the central heating every year it should put us in a much better position.