Monday, 6 January 2014

Monday Monday!

So good to me..

Lovely free veggies from our usual organic veg friend..thank you.

This week we have yellow carrots, golden beetroot, red cabbage, white cabbage and 2 celeriac. The wonderful makings of a delicious winter slaw /salad.

Today was our trip to the dreaded Dentist! Why is it that I have never had any bother with my teeth since my last visit and then this morning every tooth in my mouth seemed to be aching!!  Luckily neither of us required any treatment other than a bit of a polish...still cost £18 each..

Its been a lovely sunny day and the washing has had a good blow and dried a treat, just needs ironing now. It makes all the difference when you can peg it out in the fresh air..smells wonderful..
Dinner tonight is some of the meatloaf with veg and gravy...its making me feel hungry thinking about it. I have noticed that with healthy eating instead of stodgy eating you are actually hungry when it comes round to meal times, we have some yogurts to use up so that will be dessert sorted.

I am just trying to sort out my mobile contract which can be upgraded from next Monday, just need to convince Vodaphone to match another company to keep me, plus the upgrade is less than I am paying now...lets hope it works..

Take care
Karen xxx

13 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hang washing out, it's like Chinese laundry here! We had a lovely windy dry washing outside kind of day but we've also had about five really hard showers and I haven't got time to keep running in and out! Weather is going to get better for a few days though, if the weathermen are to be believed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We managed until late afternoon before it started to rain, we must be due some drier weather!

      Delete
  2. I did hang mine out but after 2 good showers gave up and brought it in. Of course, it was sunny for 3 hours afterwards but it stayed in. £18 is quite cheap compared to what we have to pay for a check-up (£35-40):(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. £18 is for the first band then if you need treatment it goes ip to over £50, thank goodness we didnt need any.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I long for the weather here to be fit to hang out the washing just rain rain & more rain......Good luck with your phone contract x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon be spring Margaret. Phone contracts are a nightmare! X

      Delete
  4. I wish I could compute these phone contracts. They are as much a mystery as the power company's different tariffs. Just when I think I have a handle on them they throw me a googly with some other facet !
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, I have the gas and electricity to sort with a new tariff too!

      Delete
  5. Stick to your guns when dealing with these phone people ... its amazing what they can do when you challenge them .. they wi;; want to keep you.
    Exciting looking veg!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voda rang me today, they must have read my blog! Cannot compete with the offer I had seen by £8 per month, so I will be changing!
      We love veg...good job! X

      Delete
  6. Lovely veg, I can almost taste the slaw and smell the celeriac in a stir fry.I am not going to renew my pin only contract when it expires, I will go back to PAYG. I really do not use it much now that I have retired. I will be looking at various phone and internet deals later on as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have thought about payg, but when we are waway in the caravan I like to keep in touch and it soon uses credit up so the cheapest contract is better for me.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx