Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Wednesday walkabout town

                                                         Image from Google


Yesterday I had a call from my mobile phone provider offering me an upgrade on my phone contract which is coming to the end of its term, I had already been doing a bit of research on what deals were available so I had an idea of what I was up against.  We didn't have anything much to do today except call at B&Q for some paint so we popped into town called at the bank to deposit a cheque and nip into the V*daph*ne shop to make some enquiries.  To say they were less than interested would be a understatement! I told the assistant I had seen a deal at the Warehouse one and she just looked at me and said "there is no way we can match them" she gave me one price and that was way over what I was prepared to pay, so we toddled off down the mall to the Warehouse and got me a great deal! A brand new phone for much less than I had been paying..win..win..

Next up was a quick call at Morrisons for bread milk and salad only £16 spent.  That will keep us going for another week. We also filled up with fuel.  B&Q next for paint for my parents they have the decorator coming next week, so we are getting things organised for that.

Its also Weigh in Wednesday......:-(.  Dissapointing!  Only a half pound this week, I really think I need to do some excercise..its going to be the only way forward.  I have no problem with the healthy eating side of things but hate excercise!  Will try harder next week.

Thats all for this evening
Take care
Karen xx

15 comments:

  1. Well done on your weight loss Karen, it is still half a pound. I have no scales so cannot equate to lbs etc (not yet anyway) but I have managed to get back into at least one pair of work trousers!! I am now taking the train to the office (they moved just before Christmas) which means a 10 minute walk at the other end; now hubby is unable to take me to the station (this end) and as the bus is not that convenient I will undertake walking to the station as well so should be a bit fitter by next week (also money saved on bus fares!) p.s. I find it very difficult to get motivated for exercise too, although I always seem to enjoy it when I have been bothered, and the swimming pool is just along the road - oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All that walking will pay off and the wright will be dropping off!
      I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused...I thought you had retired in order to travel, or do you just work inbetween to help the cashflow :-) most days I like being at home but just now and again I really miss my job. Soon be caravanning time.....xx

      Delete
  2. Well done on your weight loss, anything is better than gaining ;) and well done on getting a better deal too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rusty. Philip now wants my new phone, I told him he will have to wait until is upgrade is due....May! Xx

      Delete
  3. Well done Some weeks when on my diet year's ago, I only lost 2 oz but I kept going:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am in it for the long haul x

      Delete
  4. Well done on the weight loss... wednesday was my first weigh in and I lost half a pound too. Pleased as I hadn't really got into it.. at least it was a loss and I'll keep plodding on :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done to you too. When I was working weight would come off so easy but now is a different matter! I will be a plodder with you x

      Delete
  5. Big well done on your loss, it is such a tricky time of year to lose weight I think so any loss is to be celebrated :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, I have hidden all my Christmas choccies until I can celebrate big time ! Xx

      Delete
  6. Well done from me too, you're going in the right direction which is the main thing. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bridget, everyones support means a lot. X

      Delete
  7. Ignore the scales. Just keep on keepin' on and you will get there. And well done on your phone deal. We have started being 'cheeky' and trying for the best deal - even at the bank it is worth telling them how long you have been with them and that you can get a beet deal elsewhere - our house insurance has come down by £300 a year! No exaggeration! Keep warm and dry hope there are no floods near you. Lxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It always pays to shop around, if your existing provider won't match a deal you've seen elsewhere then they're not worth sticking with. They just don't seem to want to keep their customers these days. Well done on the weight loss, half a pound off is better than half a pound on. I need to lose some weight again but there's still chocolate in the house from Christmas so I'm not starting yet, I'll only end up cheating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done Karen. Slow and steady wins the race in my experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog it means a lot to me. I will try my best to reply. Comments Moderation is switched on at the moment due to spam so it may take a little while for your comments to be published. Thank you all for being patient xxx